Paid Internship with Clean Fuels Ohio
Summer 2014 through 2014-15 Academic Year
Overview: Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree-granting program. Positions will begin late spring/early summer 2014 and run through the end of Spring quarter or semester of the 2014-2015 academic year. Schedules are flexible. Positions average 25 to 35 hours per week during the summer and 15 to 20 hours per week during the school year. Pay is $10/hour plus the opportunity to earn academic credit.
Qualifications: Strong motivation to make a difference in the world, excellent written and verbal communication and outreach skills, general high-level computer literacy, strong organizational skills, research skills, attention to detail, reliability, assertiveness and willingness to take initiative. Strong graphic design skills are also beneficial. This position is most applicable to upper level undergraduate students in Public Relations or Communications, Business, Political Science, Natural Resources, City and Regional Planning, Agriculture or with strong interests in environmental and/or energy-related non-profit organizations. Candidates should have ability to pass drug screenings.
Primary Responsibilities will include the following with a strong preference given to candidates with experience in these areas:
- Assist with event coordination— organize seminars, conferences and other events, including producing materials, conducting outreach and promotion and helping with event logistics. Please clearly indicate any event planning skills in your application.
- Support the organizational web site by performing regular updates, maintenance and basic design modifications. Graphic design skills, including photographic and video production skill are preferred but not required. Please clearly indicate any graphic design, photography, or video skills in your application.
Additional Responsibilities will include the following:
- Conduct telephone, email and personal outreach to prospective Clean Fuels Ohio members, vehicle fleet owners, media contacts and/or policy-makers, community organizations, fuel marketers, and others.
- Help produce E-newsletter, web site updates, “web 2.0” and other social media, other graphical content, various fact sheets and other materials.
- Conduct policy and technology-related research.
- Update, improve and coordinate databases including numerous fleet, government officials, industry, organizational and other contacts.
- Provide business development support for contracted strategic project services.
- Perform routine administrative tasks and support other staff work as needed.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume by email (preferred) .pdf or MS Word format, or US mail to:
Nolan Rutschilling, Development Coordinator.
Clean Fuels Ohio, 530 West Spring Street, Suite 250
Columbus, OH 43215
Email: Nolan@CleanFuelsOhio.org. Applications due by Friday, May 23, 2014.
For volunteer opportunities: