Overview: Clean Fuels Ohio is hiring a talented, energetic self-starter and team member to serve as the Outreach and Organizing Manager of our Drive Electric Ohio (DEO) program. The goal of DEO is to accelerate adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) throughout Ohio. Our strategy involves developing and supporting affiliated, locally-based EV education and advocacy groups throughout Ohio and working with them to conduct consumer education activities, encourage development of EV charging, and address local and state policy. The strategy also includes engaging auto dealerships, community organizations, utilities, utility regulators, and government leaders on EV-related policy and market issues.
About Clean Fuels Ohio: Clean Fuels Ohio is a statewide nonprofit organization based in Columbus, Ohio. Our mission is to improve air quality and health, reduce environmental pollution, and strengthen Ohio’s economy by increasing use of cleaner, domestic fuels, and energy-saving vehicles.
Qualifications: • Education: Bachelor’s degree or greater preferred;
• Strong concern for a sustainable environment and/or interest in advanced technologies;
• Basic familiarity with EVs, including available vehicles, charging, market barriers, environmental and economic benefits;
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Skills and experience working with grassroots organizations or volunteers – especially in conducting public outreach, organizing events, and advocacy;
• Strong social media skills;
• Strong planning, organization, and leadership skills;
• Ability to work well with a team and to develop, lead, and support teams;
• Willingness to travel extensively within Ohio and to work on evenings and weekends.
Job Responsibilities: • Strengthen six existing local Drive Electric (DE) chapters through member recruitment, leadership development, small and large-scale event and meeting planning, support for advocacy and more;
• Develop new local DE chapters in additional locations;
• Provide content for DEO social media channels and engage with DE chapters via social media;
• Produce written program outreach materials;
• Engage auto dealerships in support for Drive Electric chapter activities;
• Identify new stakeholders for engagement in other Clean Fuels Ohio program areas;
• Work with other Clean Fuels Ohio staff and grassroots leaders on fundraising;
• Track and report on program activities and maintain program database;
• Perform additional activities as needed to support the DEO program and Clean Fuels Ohio as a team member.
Location: 3240 W. Henderson Rd., Ste. A, Columbus, OH 43220 Salary: Salary commensurate with experience (benefits available) Anticipated Start Date: January 8, 2020 (earlier start date negotiable)
To Apply:Send cover letter and resume by email with subject “DEO Outreach and Organizing Manager Application” to